«And some people say that it's just rock 'n' roll. Oh but it gets you right down to your soul» NICK CAVE

segunda-feira, fevereiro 03, 2014

«[Dub] is a pensive [music] and [it is] body music - neither of which I think are characteristics of this digital age»

album cover origin

Numa altura em que Bill Callahan edita um disco de dub, Have Fun With God, com versões dos temas do álbum Dream River, recorde-se que o songwriter deu conta da sua filosofia dub, numa entrevista via email ao The Quietus, em 2013:

Dub is a spiritual, abstract, visceral, mystical thing. Finite and infinite at the same time. Deeply rooted in the earth and in outer space. It was invented in Jamaica and no one else really messes with it as it is greatly abetted when the original song has a reggae rhythm, which my songs largely do not. My reason for doing it is simply for the fact that I love dub music (from 70s Jamaica only)! It’s a genre that has come and gone. I don’t think the digital age will usher in a new appreciation for it. It’s a pensive [music] and [it is] body music. Neither of which I think are characteristics of this digital age.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário